Our client, a multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, is looking for a Technical Editor.
This contract starts immediately and is 100% remote.
Initial 6 month contract- with a view to longer term work.
Main responsibilities of the Technical Editor
Edit writer change lists for Cloud documentation sets, with a focus on high-priority ones.
Make improvements to existing documentation sets.
· Help with the migration of docs to a new location.
· Enhance the Customer User Journey for all doc sets by breaking up monolithic docs into task-based docs.
- 2 years of experience editing developer-oriented technical documentation, published on the web. Experience editing only end-user documentation is insufficient.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Proven ability to manage schedules and priorities and to work with a wide variety of writers—some local, some not.
Nice to Have Skills/Qualifications
o Familiarity with cloud technologies, such as Google Cloud; BS or equivalent experience in a technical discipline;
o Proficiency with HTML or Markdown;
o Proficiency with UNIX or Linux command line;
o Experience with Git and GitHub;
o Experience with information architecture.